Dacorum Borough council is asking for feedback on the Kings Langley Neighbourhood Plan, which will influence the way the area grows and develops into the future.
Kings Langley Parish Council has submitted its proposed plan to us to carry out a further statutory consultation.
Once the consultation is completed, an independent examiner will be appointed to review the plan. If the plan is approved it will be the subject of a public referendum voted on by residents in the parish area of Kings Langley.
Neighbourhood Plans establish general planning policies and play an important part in decisions on planning applications. Having a Neighbourhood Plan also means that parishes receive a greater proportion of Community Infrastructure Levy arising from developments in their area than those without a Neighbourhood Plan.
Neighbourhood planning activity can only formally take place in areas specifically designated by us as a neighbourhood area.
The consultation runs fromFriday 3 December to midnight on Friday 28 January 2022.
Comments received will be passed to the examiner for their consideration.
You can view the neighbourhood plan and supporting documents below:
- Kings Langley Neighbourhood Plan (PDF 8.5MB)
- Appendix A – Area Profile (PDF 1.2MB)
- Appendix B – Design Guidance and Code (PDF 5.4MB)
- Consultation Statement (PDF 4.8MB)
- Basic Conditions Statement (PDF 3.1MB)
- Screening Statement for a Strategic Environmental Assessment (PDF 1.2MB)
- Local Green Spaces Review (PDF 3.1MB)
- Summary of policies (PDF 133KB)
- Kings Langley Public Realm Strategy (PDF 4.2MB)
- Kings Langley Housing Needs Assessment (PDF 1.4MB)
- Kings Langley Walking and Cycling Network Proposals (PDF 5.7MB)
- Community Feedback on 2020 Engagement (PDF 170KB)
Paper copies of the document are available to view in the following locations:
|Kings Langley Community Library||The Nap, Kings Langley, WD4 8ET||0300 123 4049||Monday and Friday (10am-1pm; 2pm-5pm)Tuesday and Thursday (2pm-5pm)Saturday (10am-1pm)|
|The Parish Council Offices||Charter Court, Vicarage Lane, Kings Langley, WD4 9HR||01923 261828||Monday to Friday (9.30am-12.30pm)|
How to comment
Comments should be made directly to Dacorum Borough Council by:
- writing to Strategic Planning, Dacorum Borough Council, The Forum, Marlowes, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, HP1 1DN
- completing a comment form (available on request) and posting or emailing it back to us
- Completing the online form at:https://www.dacorum.gov.uk/home/regeneration/neighbourhood-planning/kings-langley-neighbourhood-plan
Comments can also be made by
You must log in to post a comment.