Arthur Collins found guilty of London nightclub Acid Attack

acid attack

Arthur Collins found guilty of London nightclub Acid Attack

A man who squirted acid in a crowded London nightclub, horriffically injuring more than 20 people, has been found guilty of a string of offences.

Update 20th Dec 2017 : Ferne McCann’s ex-boyfriend Arthur Collins jailed for 20 years over acid attack

Arthur Collins, 25 , from Broxbourne, Hertfordshire, was convicted today Monday, 13 November at Wood Green Crown Court five-week trial:

Guilty of the following charges:

– Five counts of wounding with intent to do grievous bodily harm, contrary to Section 18 Offences against the Person Act 1861; and,

– Nine counts of assault occasioning actual bodily harm, contrary to Section 47 of the Offences Against the Person Act 1861.

He will be sentenced on Tuesday, 19 December at the same court.

In the immediate aftermath of the incident there were fears that the eye injuries of three of the victims were so severe that their vision could be permanently affected. Fortunately this proved not to be the case – although one of these victims did tell the court that he still suffers blurred vision in one of his eyes.


CCTV Footage released

As this first man dropped down to the floor in pain, Collins then squirted the contents of the bottle twice more. Victims described seeing ‘steam’ rise above them and an all pervasive chemical smell which made them choke.

Collins, who also sustained burn injuries from the acid used, stayed at the club for almost another hour.

A substance found at the scene was tested and identified as a concentrated PH1 acid solution. The PH scale runs from one to 14, with one being the most acidic. Although the actual nature of the liquid used was not possible to establish, PH1 is known to be the same strength as Hydrochloric acid.

Collins was arrested at an address in Rushden, Northamptonshire on Saturday, 22 April, after evading attempts by officers to locate and detain him following a media appeal naming him as wanted by police. The next day he was also charged with multiple counts of wounding with intent.

Hackney Borough commander, Detective Chief Superintendent Simon Laurence, said: “Collins went to the nightclub that night with a bottle of a noxious substance with the intent to use it to inflict serious harm. He indiscriminately and recklessly sprayed the substance in a crowded place, knowing full well the danger this would pose to a large number of people. This was a barbaric and cowardly act.

He now faces spending a significant length of time behind bars.

“I would personally like to thank the victims for their strength and bravery; in being forced by Collins to give evidence during the trial, they have had to re-live that night. I can only hope that their continuing strength will enable them to face the rest of their lives in a normal as possible way. I hope that at least they will take some solace from knowing that Collins will be going to prison.”

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x

Discover more from Wat News

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading