🚧 From 6:30 this morning, supporters of Just Stop Oil climbed onto the overhead gantries of the M25 at multiple locations, demanding that the Govt immediately end all new oil and gas.
Essex Police got in early at 7.30am to arrest a woman attempting to climb a gantry a mile before J28 on the M25 clockwise lanes. One lane was temporarily closed while officers responded to the situation. All lanes between junctions 27 and 28 are back open.
Surrey Police dealt with activists at 7:30am who had climbed the gantry at Junction 8 on the M25. The road has been closed anti-clockwise. At 8am one person was taken fown and arrested, bit shortly after attended another activist who climbed the gantry between junction 7 and junction 8. Half an hour later that person was arrested and roads reopened.
JSO added “I understand people must be frustrated with us, and rightly so, but we have to disrupt daily life because we are hurtling towards climate catastrophe, yet the Government continues to betray me, my generation and people in the Global South by issuing new oil licenses.”
Herts Police, nothing from them !! But they did announce changes to how they arrest to avoid arresting journalists.
In 2019 local council’s and governments declared a ‘climate emergency‘. In 2022 the Fire brigade declared a major crisis as fires broke out during record breaking heatwave, drought.
Eleven people are due to appear in courts across the country today, Thursday, 10 November, after being charged overnight for causing a public nuisance, following disruption by Just Stop Oil on the M25.
- Sam Holland, 20 (06.05.02), of Stanmore Road, Burley will appear at Westminster Magistrates’ Court.
- Rachel Payne, 71 (28.09.51) of Church Street, Bodicote, Banbury will appear at Brighton Magistrates’ Court.
- Jesse Prince, 19 (11.05.03) of Alexandra Park, Bristol, will appear at Brighton Magistrates’ Court.
- Isabel Rock, 40 (16.12.81) of Red Post Hill, London, will appear at Brighton Magistrates’ Court.
- Niculina Tirpoca, 27 (22.06.95) of Telegraph Avenue, London, will appear at Brighton Magistrates’ Court.
- Gaie Delap, 75 (10.01.47) of Upper Cheltenham Place, Bristol, will appear at Basildon Magistrates’ Court.
- Paul Sousek, 71 (12.03.51) of Jacobstow, Bude, will appear at Basildon Magistrates’ Court.
- Paul Bell, 22 (20.07.00) of St Germans Road, will appear at Basildon Magistrates’ Court.
- Daniel Johnson, 24 (06.10.98) of Croft of Forneth, Blairgowrie, Perth and Kinross, will appear at Basildon Magistrates’ Court.
- Theresa Higginson, 24 (03.05.98) of Ivel Gardens, Biggleswade, will appear at Basildon Magistrates’ Court.
- George Simonson, 22 (12.07.00) of Stanmore Road, Leeds, will appear at Stevenage Magistrates’ Court
This follows a joint operation involving the Metropolitan Police, Essex Police, Surrey Police, Kent Police and Hertfordshire Police following serious disruption to motorists on the M25.
You must log in to post a comment.